Welcome to DMJJ!
New Student Info
Thank you for choosing Del Mar Jiu-Jitsu Club to start your Jiu-Jitsu Journey. We are very excited to help guide you through the fundamentals of Jiu-Jitsu as well as lay the foundation and help map out your individualized path to take your Jiu-Jitsu journey from White Belt to Black Belt.
- Please take some time to review and familiarize yourself with the dojo rules here at Del Mar Jiu-Jitsu.
- Please take some time to go over and talk through our dojo rules with your kids.
DMJJ Dojo Rules
- Classes begin with a formal bow to the professor with all students lining up in order of descending belt rank.
- Any time a student steps off of the mat, they must bow to the center of the mat before getting back on.
- If the student is late, they must wait for the professor to give them permission before stepping onto the mat.
- Students must keep a respectful posture in the dojo at all times.
- When the instructor is demonstrating techniques during class, every student must sit in seiza position.
- For safety reasons, if you must leave the mat or leave class early, you must first ask the Professor for permission.
- Students must bow to his/her training partner before and after each sparring session.
- During class, talking should be kept to a minimum and should be related to the class.
- There is absolutely NO foul language allowed.
- There is absolutely NO belching allowed.
- For everyone’s safety, fingernails and toenails must be kept short.
- Students must wear the official Del Mar Jiu-Jitsu patch on the back and lapel of their Gi (uniform).
- Your Gi (uniform) pants and jacket must always match (all white only).
- Students must wear the official Del Mar Jiu-Jitsu Rash Guard and Shorts during No-Gi classes.
- Your Gi (uniform) must be kept clean at all times. Be sure to wash it after each and every class – a dirty Gi is a sign of disrespect.
- The Gi (uniform) must be worn at all times unless specified.
- Students should face the wall when tying their belt.
- The belt is representative of your progress at the academy. You must keep it on at all times.
- Refer to black belt instructors as “Professor”
- For everyone’s safety, jewelry items such as earrings, rings, necklaces, watches, etc. must be removed prior to stepping on the mat.
- Shoes, food, or drinks are NOT allowed on the mats.
- Shoes should be removed and lined up neatly against the wall or stored in a cubby, away from the walkway areas.
- Cell phones should be set on silent while in the dojo. Please refrain from loud phone conversations.
- Students in the lobby area should keep noise to a minimum to not disturb other classes that are in session.